I am really not concerned at all about the impending 30th birthday, its more of a benchmark than anything else. Thinking back on the past decade, I can't really complain about the things I have faced. In fact, the hardest part of my 20s is happening right now. For the first time in my life, whether justifiable or not, I feel like I am failing to meet expectations. The economy, a terrible boss, and strong moral stance have me looking at the back of the heads in the unemployment line. This, of course, creates a chain reaction that leads to sitting around the house, finding excuses to continue the laziness, and even worse letting the self-pity manifest itself into actions.
This isn't me, though. That's not how I was raised, and its not how I will allow myself to live. So, here I find myself bootstraps in hand, ready to pick myself up and get my act together one line at a time.
The first item I am going to attack: Finish one of the many books that I have started.
That book would be Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence. I started it a very long time ago, and it is a great book for this situation, so I am going to finish it, and then write a review of what I have learned.
As a side note- feel free to comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment