The second section of my list will be titled, Growing Up is Hard to Do. These are the things that I can't just check off of my list after one experience. This is going to require some time and development. Old habits and urges must be controlled on overridden, while new ones must creep in and take over. I know myself well enough that I can't realistically expect all of these to happen immediately. I am far to compulsive for that. So I will work through them slowly but surely, stopping in and reflect occasionally to see how its going.
•Develop and institute daily morning and evening rituals,
•Meet the minimum fitness requirements for the U.S. Navy (3 pullups, 45 crunches, 29 min 3 mile run),
•Redefine my wardrobe- Less like college, more like real life,
•Learn to lose with dignity, and win with grace (don't be THAT guy at the game),
•Volunteer regularly,
•Learn the art of delayed gratification- don't be so anxious all the time,
•Make a significant decision that is unpopular but necessary,
•Stop going through the motions, and start learning from them,
•Clean up my "virtual" existence,
•Learn to be intrinsically satisfied with successes,
No comments:
Post a Comment