Friday, March 23, 2012

Writing A Journal Regularly

I have found that I simply do not have the discipline to sit and write a traditional journal. Honestly, I don't really have the interest either. I find it quite frustrating, since I want to log the events of my life in some way. Facing this little quandry, I decided to get technical.

I have set up a secret email account, to which I can text, email, send pictures and links, and add my thoughts randomly and on my time. When I am sitting on the metro, when I have a thought at work that is worth saving, or when I am getting ready for bed and want to decompress. I nearly always have my phone or computer nearby, and thanks to the modern securities of the internet, I know that my thoughts are always safe (from destruction, not theft). Using this method, I have found that I am far more active and engaged in my writing, which also leads to much more thoughtful interactions with that medium. I would love for my future wife and children to have something to look back on someday that lets them understand my thoughts and my life as I grew and developed as a person.

For this part of the list, I found a modern answer to my lont-time excuse. That won't work for the entire list, but I might as well utilize it where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment